We are excited to have joined as a new member of Southern Business Connections (SBC).
Now more than ever businesses need to reach out to their networks to support one another and learn from each other’s skills and expertise.
We were asked if we had any words for other small and medium business owners about adapting to the current situation. Our response:
- Get your estate planning and a business succession plan in place (and review what you already in place). It is vital now more than ever that you have a current and valid will, power of attorney, advanced care directive and superannuation beneficiary nominations. As a business, consideration also needs to be given to who can operate your business if you are unable to, which may involve looking at licencing/regulatory obligations, partnership or shareholder agreements, or other circumstances relevant to your business structure and industry.
- Negotiate your financial and contractual obligations early, and document changes that have been proposed and/or agreed.
- When moving more or all of your operations online and working from home, ensure that you address not only WHS considerations, but also data security and privacy obligations.
- Reach out to your networks and arm yourself with information. In a race to move online and be seen and relevant, there are so many valuable resources being provided for free or low cost – take advantage.
We are offering free and low-cost assistance during this crisis.
Each individual or business that is a member of the above associations is eligible for each of the following:
- One FREE 20 minute initial consultation;
- One reduced fixed-fee service ($195 inclusive of GST for up to 90 minutes) – this time can be used for a further conference, or for a lawyer to review or follow up a matter on their behalf;
- Reduced estate planning documents:
- Simple wills starting from $220 for one person and $380 for a couple;
- Simple wills and powers of attorney starting from $330 for one person and $560 for a couple;
- Simple wills, powers of attorney and advanced care directives starting from $410 for one person and $720 for a couple
(all prices inclusive of GST)
How we can help:
- Estate planning documents – it is vital now more than ever that you have a current and valid will, power of attorney, advanced care directive and superannuation beneficiary nominations in place.
- Dealing with family and parenting arrangements in new COVID-19 circumstances.
- Reviewing, negotiating and/or updating contractual, property or other arrangements you may have now that circumstances have changed
- General advice on business, commercial and property matters;
- Document reviews;
- Negotiating and/or documenting updated or new business, commercial or property arrangements
- Succession planning including ensuring you have the necessary estate planning documents in place to ensure your business can continue to operate in event you are unable to continue to be involved personally.
How to access the services:
Online video or phone consultation bookings can be made here
Online inquiry can be made here
Email [email protected]
Phone 08 7076 9333
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all consultations will occur via phone or video conferencing unless absolutely necessary to occur in-person, in which case strict measures will be taken – see here for our latest information.