Be Informed with Kin Lawyers
Download our Separation Checklist to help you make sense of what you need to do next (and to receive further updates and useful information).
For some fun, try our Life Admin Bingo!
Check back regularly as resources will continue to be added.
You can also:
- Book a free 15-minute Phone Consultation NOW
We can assess your situation in a free 15 minute consultation!
Or make an enquiry by email or here online
- Sign up for our newsletter and updates
- Follow us on Facebook
See more of who we are, how we work and for relevant legal, life and local information updates!
Useful Links and Resources for Separating Families
- Department of Human Services for separated parents
find payments and services, apply for child support online, child support assessment information and online guides about child support, family payments and assistance, family and domestic violence
- See also Centrelink and Child Support pages
- ASIC Money Smart Guide – divorce and separation – tools and checklists including first steps when you separate and divorce/separation financial checklist
- PENDA App– A free app for women experiencing financial abuse
- South Australia’s Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme – an avenue for a person who may be at risk of domestic violence to get information about their partner (or former partner) to help make decisions about their safety and the future of the relationship
- Family Relationships Online – Australian Government resource with Information on family law services including types of help – counselling, family mediation and dispute resolution, legal advice, financial advice and downloadable resources
- Family Relationships Advice line – 1800 058 321
Family Relationships information booklets
- It’s for the Kids
- Children and separation
- Parenting orders handbook
- Questions and Answers About Separation for Children
- Supporting Children after Separation Program
- Legal Services Commission of South Australia Law Handbook – family relationships information
- Family law courts information and publications – Federal Circuit Court of Australia Family Court of Australia
Useful Links for Family Enterprise
- South Australian Government’s Business Support Services
Resources on starting, running, protecting and leaving your business, plus workshops, grants and support services
- Australian Government support for businesses in Australia
- Legal Services Commission of South Australia Law Handbook – business information
Local Area Services
- Town of Gawler’s Business Support
Including the fantastic facilities at the Gawler Civic Centre and Business Innovation Hub
- Gawler Business Development Group
- The Southern Business Mentoring Program for City of Holdfast Bay and City of Marion
- City of Marion’s business support and including the Cove Business Hub and co-working at the Cove Civic Centre.
Useful Links for Estates and Estate Planning
- Australian Tax Office Estate Planning information
- CourtSA Probate Registry information
- Legal Services Commission of South Australia Law Handbook – wills, estates and funerals information and powers of attorney and advance care directives information